- Fixed the installer not working on older Mac computers.
- Fixed V-Ray proxies not working with V-Ray 6.
- Added support for SketchUp 2023.
- Added support for ARM-based Mac chipsets (M1, M2).
- Fixed translucency maps sometimes not being found.
- Fixed V-Ray proxies not working with V-Ray 6.
- Fixed exporting Quixel Megascans assets with variants not working.
- Fixed Transmutr not notifying users about new versions available for download.
- Fixed the “Release Notes” button in the options not opening the correct URL.
Known issue: Transmutr does not work in SketchUp 2022 on Mac computers with M1 chips. We're working on M1 support for a future version.
- Added support for SketchUp 2022.
- Improved support for the “Reflection Glossiness” and “Reflection Roughness” material attributes.
- Added a warning message when importing unsupported assets from Megascans, such as standalone materials.
- Added a button in Transmutr and a menu entry in SketchUp to open Transmutr’s manual.
- Fixed the export step that copies textures sometimes failing silently.
- Fixed some models with n-gons showing artifacts when exported.
- Fixed normal maps not being detected for some models using unconventional attribute names.
- Fixed textures not being properly applied on models loaded without texture coordinates.
- Fixed the Megascans connection not working immediately after changing the port.
- Fixed several crashes that could happen when exporting a model.
- Fixed the “See release notes” button in the options opening the wrong webpage.
- [Studio version] Fixed floating licenses not getting released when closing Transmutr.
- Added Reflection Glossiness/Roughness.
- Added support for SketchUp 2021.1.
- Improved the bump/normal setting automatic detection.
- Generate generic UV coordinates if they are missing.
- Fixed an error that sometimes occurred when copying textures to the destination folder.
- [Studio version] Fix proxy placeholder when using the CLI.
- [Studio version] Fix VRMat path in automations.
- Added offline activation/deactivation for users with a restricted internet connection. Documentation: https://help.transmutr.com/faq#i-cannot-activate-my-license-due-to-a-restrictive-internet-connection
- Fixed V-Ray proxy export failing due to a recent V-Ray updates.
- Fixed the
ply2vrmesh.binexecutable being referred to as
- Added support for SketchUp 2021.
- [Studio version] Adding more automation patterns: DiffuseMapName, DiffuseMapExt, SourceFolderName, SourceFolderParent, SourceFolderParentName.
- [Studio version] Allow overriding options with the CLI.
- Fixed crash with V-Ray 5.
- Fixed V-Ray TwoSided materials.
- Fixed texture paths in Enscape materials.
- Fixed BottomCenter and TopCenter preview.
- Lookup in nested folders when searching for map paths in VRMats.
- [Studio version] Fixed paths lookup when using the CLI.
- [Studio version] Fixed translucency map path missing in automations.
- Fixed BottomCenter and TopCenter not being applied in the preview.
- [Studio version] Fixed automations not being applied when using the CLI.
- [Studio version] Fixed automations being applied twice in some cases.
- Fixed Megascans files with variants not exporting.
- Fixed the Download button that shows up when a new version of Transmutr is available.
- The "Smooth Angle" setting is now applied to proxies as well.
- Added options to mitigate the artifacts generated by SketchUp when scaling a mesh with small faces (see
Maximum mesh scale correctionand
Mesh scale correction multiplier).
- [Studio version] Reflection Glossiness and Refraction Glossiness can now be set using automations.
- Fixed instances not being exported as components.
- Fixed the extension toolbar showing up even after being previously closed by the user.
- Fixed presets not being saved.
- Fixed some colors not being formatted correctly in Enscape materials, which resulted in all parameters being ignored by Enscape.
- Fixed a crash occurring when objects had no materials applied to them.
- Fixed a crash occurring when scanning unauthorized directories.
- Fixed V-Ray proxy export failing in rare cases.
- [Studio version] Fixed automations not being loaded from presets.
- 🍎 MacOS support.
- Transmutr can now import SKP files.
- Transmutr can now edit individual components directly from an opened SketchUp document.
- Transmutr now installs for SketchUp 2020.
- Texture maps embedded in FBX files are now extracted.
- Duplicate material names are now renamed automatically.
- It is now possible to choose for which rendering engines materials are exported.
- Fixed tiny faces not being created in some cases.
- Fixed the generation of VRMesh proxies not reporting errors in case of failure.
- Fixed missing textures not being reported to the user.
- Command-Line Interface: fixed simplified meshes being sometimes assigned the wrong materials.
- Fixed materials with "<" or ">" in their name not loading.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when running several instances of Transmutr simultaneously.
- Fixed the connection to Megascans failing silently when the communication port is already in use.
- Added an option to add a custom prefix to relative paths
- Fixed the connection with Megascans Bridge not working for some users
- Fix proxy export with non-ascii paths
- Fixed small issues when smoothing edges
- Objects that occur only once are now exported as groups, whereas objects occurring multiple times are exported as component instances.
- Transmutr now produces slightly cleaner hierarchy: the top-most group (root node) is now omitted and its children are added to the model itself.
- Fixed Megascans assets with variants not being exported.
- Fixed Transmutr producing errors when exporting over existing files.
- Fixed crashes occurring on systems with non-ASCII paths.
- You can now open files in Transmutr from the Windows explorer with
Right-click > Open with. You can also associate some 3D formats to be automatically opened with Transmutr by clicking the
Always use this app to open .obj/.fbx/.3ds/... filescheckbox.
- Fixed mesh simplification not being applied in the preview when loading preset settings.
- The scale is now correctly affected when changing the model dimensions in Stats
- Fixed some OBJ files generating parsing errors during loading (this error especially occurred for files exported from Rhino).
- Fixed remote trial extensions not working.
- Fixed SketchUp not automatically opening converted files.
- Fixed blank screen when windows username contains special chars.
- Transmutr can now import STL files.
- When launched from SketchUp with Thea v2.1 (and above) active, Transmutr will export Thea proxies as *.mod.thea files instead of *.xml files.
- Transmutr now reads the "Up Axis" attribute that is sometimes stored in FBX files so that models are automatically rotated as intended.
- Fixed missing material in V-Ray proxy when placeholder is "Simplified Geometry" or "Full Geometry"
- Fixed texture paths discarded when the drive letter is assigned but disconnected
- Fixed camera clipping plane not being updated when changing modifiers (scale, origin, etc)
- Fixed Transmutr files crashing SketchUp 2017 (and below) when saving
- Fixed a bug introduced in v1.0.2 that made some textures black in the preview
- Added floating licensing to dynamically share license seats between employees of the same company, up to a predefined number of concurrent users. Please contact us if you are interested in this type of licensing (Studio licenses only).
- Transmutr now scans the directory of the model to search for missing textures. This is helpful in some cases when the model contains absolute paths that are no longer valid.
- Geometry simplification should feel faster on the first simplification, since heavy initialization work is now done as a background process.
- Fixed the general options being reset to default values when loading a new model after the first one.
- Fixed license keys being considered invalid when manually typed with some variations (eg. lowercase, spaces).
- Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a model with TIFF textures.
- Fixed the preview appearing empty for a few seconds after loading large models.
- Fixed V-Ray issues that occurred when some materials had names containing characters not supported by V-Ray.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when loading a FBX model with invalid per-face material data.
- The trial is now 7 days long
- Reset the camera position when loading a new model
- Fix some billboard placeholders having the wrong width depending on the model's orientation
- Fix badly constructed faces from corrupting whole objects
- The 3 days trial is now available
- "Open File" dialogs are now always on top of the main window
- The SketchUp extension is now signed
- Fix the simplification damaging UV seams
- Fix loaded presets not being applied immediately
- Adding base materials to complement V-Ray 2Sided materials, as a workaround to the issue of texture scale discrepancy in V-Ray Next
- Adding a dummy colorized texture when a material doesn't have a diffuse map but has other maps, to preserver UV mapping
- Enable materials "Normal" setting if the bump map's name contains "norm"
- Fix FaceSkipping's face count not working
- Fix geometry simplification producing holes in some cases
- Fix emissive color
- Fixed power-of-2 textures (512, 1024px...) being flipped in the preview
- Brand new simplification engine: much faster, and more reliable
- Old FBX files (FBX version <2011) can now be opened
- Renamed "Proxy Preview" to "Placeholder"
- Fixed textures being flipped vertically in the preview
- Fixed textures being flipped vertically in Thea proxies
- Fixed geometry disappearing in models with tiny faces
- Fixed some textures appearing stretched in the preview
- Fixed Transmutr crashing when opening ill-formed models with invalid texture paths
- All Proxy Preview types are now available for Artist licenses (adding 'Billboard', 'Simplified Geometry', and 'SketchUp File').
- We can now edit the target face count when using 'Face skipping' proxy preview.
- The model's dimensions are now displayed in the 'Stats' section, and are editable (this will update the Scale multiplier).
- Transmutr now exports Megascans assets with multiple variants.
- Sped up the import of large models with many objects.
- It is now possible to drag and drop maps between slots.
- Added a security certificate so that Transmutr is less likely to be flagged as malware by antivirus softwares.
- Transmutr will now use the scale factor of FBX files.
- The 'Cancel' button has been renamed to 'New' and asks for confirmation.
- Added an input field next to the Simplification slider.
- The Simplification slider is now non-linear by default, as we usually need high simplification levels. This behavior can be disabled.
- Improved the look of the icon on Windows.
- Fixed simplification producing many holes in the mesh. Holes can still happen, but they should be much less frequent.
- Fixed some TIFF textures crashing the app because of an unsupported internal compression mode.
- The camera clipping plane now depends on the size of the model. This avoids huge models from disappearing.
- Fixed some faces not being created when triangulated.
- Fixed some groups/components not being created when containing tiny faces.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating Thea materials.
- Fixed the UI being slow when having many materials in the Materials tab
- Fixed geometry disappearing in models with tiny faces
- Transmutr is now smarter when looking for missing maps, it will look in all potential folders. When the user adds a map, Transmutr will look into this folder for all missing maps.
- VRMat is now a material property instead of a material type
- Spaces are trimmed from license key to avoid copy/pasting issues
- Fixed exploded object when using scale/unit conversion
- Potential fix for SketchUp not being able to connect to Transmutr, when opening it from SketchUp
- Fixed 'Communication Port' option not being saved between sessions
- Fixed wrong material name when created from VRMat
- Fixed several issues with map paths in VRMats
- The preview viewport now supports TIFF textures
- V-Ray Materials: “Diffuse Texture Alpha” is enabled if there is no opacity map
- Fixed SketchUp zoom bug when importing models with tiny faces
- Fixed maps not being copied to the destination folder when exporting Thea proxies
- Fixed opacity maps not being picked up from FBX files
- Fixed TGA textures appearing black in the preview
- Non-planar faces are now triangulated
- Added Thea proxies
- Transmutr can now be opened directly from SketchUp, the transmuted asset will be automatically added to the model
- Added smoothing edges by angle
- Transmutr now reads basic properties of V-Ray and Corona material in FBX files exported from 3dsmax
- Renaming materials is now possible
- Binding is now turned off in V-Ray materials created from a VRMat file
- Transmutr no longer automatically triangulates the model. It will be triangulated only when using Geometry Simplification.
- Added a "Face Skipping" proxy type that only keeps a few faces to get an idea of the model's overall shape
- Added a "Zoom extents" button to make the model fit the viewport
- Transmutr now adds a dummy colorized texture when the Diffuse slot is empty but other textures are in use (bump, opacity, reflection, etc) in order to preserve UV mapping in SketchUp
- Texture files can be drag-and-dropped from the file explorer to the slots of the material panels
- Improved Megascans assets materials
- Added a notification when a new version of Transmutr is available so that users can easily download it
- Added a button in the Options panel to open those Release Notes from the application
- Converting units now sets the appropriate drawing unit in the SketchUp model
- Fixed missing geometry when importing models with faces that are smaller than SketchUp allows
- Fixed texture mapping when vertices of a same face have identical UV coordinates
- Fixed some edges not being smoothed
- Fixed the unwanted rotation animation that sometimes started when clicking the "Show edges" button
- Fixed Megascans asset imported as white when format is OBJ
- Added Quixel Megascans integration
- Added "Top Center" origin option
- Added default filename when saving .skp
- Significantly sped up mesh simplification for high-poly models
- Added an option to prefix material names with the model name
- Added warning when using TIFF bitmaps
- Options: added a button to open the folder that contains log files
- Options: added a button to display GPU info for debugging purposes
- Fixed the mesh simplification slider
- Fixed the "Cannot load options" error that occurred if the options were not modified by the user
- Fixed normal maps color space in V-Ray
- Fixed browsing for .vrmat files
- Added Metal material type
- Added thumbnails to the material panels
- Added an Options dialog
- Added notifications (errors, warnings, etc)
- Tweaked materials
- Added better support for paths with special characters
- The material type is automatically assigned based on the material's name (e.g. "...leaf..." ⇒ Translucent)
- When exporting a *.vrmesh proxy, the black console window that briefly popped up does not appear anymore
- Copying maps to the destination folder is now optional
- Preset saving and loading buttons have been moved to the header
- It is now possible to unfold multiple materials
- Fallback to lower-quality graphics when webGL is not available (Work in progress)
- Fixed wrong up axis and origin transformations for models that already have a transformed root node
- Fixed the *.vrmesh proxy generation sometimes locking up the export
- Fixed automatically finding *.vrmat files matching material names
- Fixed faces not being exported for some files
- Fixed material names encoding issues
- Added Enscape materials
- Added better feedback when exporting
- Transmutr now also looks for resources with invalid absolute paths in the model's folder
- For Emissive materials, the Diffuse color is now the same as the Emissive color
- Refraction now affects opacity in SketchUp (the lowest value between Refraction and Opacity sets the opacity in SketchUp and Enscape)
- Profile edges are now disabled in generated *.skp files
- Fixed most materials in OBJ files having Refraction set to 1
- Added Thea materials
- Added the possibility to pan the viewport's camera
- Added a checkbox to show/hide the model's edges in the viewport
- Improved the visibility of the material-picking eyedropper
- Fixed Transmutr only working with administrator privileges when installed "For all users"
Initial preview release to a small number of testers.