Comment on page
V-Ray 3dsmax to V-Ray SketchUp with materials
Converting from V-Ray 3dsmax to V-Ray SketchUp with complete materials
By following these steps, you will convert a model from 3dsmax with V-Ray materials, to SketchUp while keeping the exact same V-Ray materials.
Due to limitations in V-Ray for SketchUp, some maps may not be converted properly. This is not something Transmutr can control. Transmutr simply writes the *.vrmat data to the right place, V-Ray does the rest.
- 1.Open file in 3dsmax.
- 2.Disable Gamma correction, as V-Ray for SketchUp handles it differently (otherwise you'll get very dark materials).
- 3.Export it as FBX.
- 5.Go to "Tools > V-Ray vrmat converter", then "Convert Scene Materials to .vrmat" and choose the folder of the FBX file. This will create one sub-folder per material, with the same name as the materials.
- 6.Optionally, copy bitmap files to the same folder as the FBX file, to help Transmutr find them.
- 7.Load the FBX in Transmutr. It should automatically find all the .vrmat files exported earlier, and match them with the materials.
- 8.Transmute, open your file in SketchUp, open V-Ray so that it can convert the .vrmat data to actual V-Ray materials.